Monday, September 12, 2011

Like the first time, the day that finally arrived

We are going to disney land!- my dad said. Even though I have gone to disney land before this time it was different because I barely remember the last time I went. My dad have been really busy working so we never had the opportunity of traveling all the family together. I remember disney land for me was like a dream come true. The place where a kid can be happy no matter his/her physical appearence or events in their lifes. I remember I wanted to go so badly that I had the count on my journal starting like 60 days before. I was crazy about the idea of getting on a plane and go to Los Angeles to see mickey and minnie. I was still in school so I had to make letters for my school for them to give me permission for a week I will be absence. Every night I will stay up with my dad saying where we were going to eat, what malls we were going to visit, which parks we were going. I remember we talk about Tony Roma’s, Red lobster and that kind of restaurant, I also remember about talking to go to parks like universal studios and of course Disney land. It seems like the day will never come, that two months that have to pass for me to go on a trip felt like 6 months. I remember we talk to a family friend that lives there so we can stay in her home. We had the tickets to fly in our house and my passport too, I remember every night after going to sleep looking at it. Just to make sure it had going anywhere. One day some kids that lived on my condo get inside my house without permission and a neighbor that saw them told us, the first thing I did was looking if we still had the tickets to travel. And for my luck it was still there but I remember they took some chocolates I had on my room. But i didn’t care about anything more than our tickets to travel to LA. My grandmother gave me a bag for me to have on the airplane and I remember putting inside some books to paint in the plain and a barbie that I choose because I felt she was the lucky one that will visit another country with me so I pick it very carefully. The day finally arrive, I felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. I had nine years old, I remember waking up at 4 in the morning to get to the airport at 6am. The night before we made our pacage I was so excited. my grandma come with us too. My dad, my mom and my little brother. my baby brother wasnt born yet. We get on the airpot and we eat there mcdonalds, I finally enter the airplane and I sat with my grandmother. And an stranger person because the plain had lines of tree people. As the plain went by I remember the woman that sat with us in the plain told us she had cancer, I don’t remember this woman very clearly but I do remember she didn’t look like he had cancer. I didnt know what to say or to do. I felt like I was waiting for one day that was so far to come and hadnt enjoy other days and this woman the only thing she wanted was having one more day of life. So I remember that this woman make me realise that I had to enjoy everyday to the fullest so when I was on LA a did. I remember when we get there we went to in-n-out to have a burger. For me it was the biggest and the most delicious burger I had ever eat. They gave us a bunch of fries that I loved, even though it was only burger and fries it takes like heaven to me. I remember feeling so out of place but at the same time being in the place i had always dream of. The people was very different of the people of my country, but I felt like we were all the equal. Everything we had planned with my dad we did. I remember feeling very proud and surprise of the ability of my dad to talk in english in front of American people, because I will felt very nervous to do so because I didn’t wanted to mess things up infront of people of other country saying a word wrong or not understanding what they will answer to me. We had a long trip in the car to get to disney land. when we get there I was the happiest girl in the world. When I was in the park I felt the air against my face and fell it so pure and claen, I remember the smell, which I cant describe but I know if I had the opportunity to smell it again I will recognize it is the same smell I smelled on Disney land. We had to do really long lines to get to one game, but I didn’t care because I was in disney! I was tall enough to go to every game I wanted except for one or two.  my favorite game was splash mountain, I did really long line for this game but i remember I went twice. That day when off so fast, but I will always remember it. I was really lucky of going there, I wish I can go back and do all the things I did over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment